The sample footage helped us get a better understanding of what our end product can/will look like and what effects looked good, what locations and camera angles were right, and even what wasn't so great.
The first time we showed our work to others was at the schools creative art's evening, this was an evening put on by school showcasing work from the media, drama and music department and was full of creative minds who could offer helpful feedback about our product, we were even lucky enough to have the headteacher view our work which was a great honour.
The feedback we got from creative arts evening:
- People didn't really know what was going on, there wasnt any anchorage that gave the audience an idea of what was happening in the video and why and what our character was trying to escape from and what relevance did all the shots of Mac's and other miscellaneous objects have to do with this.
How we will change our product after the feedback:
- We think the main reason people didn't know what was going on was because the footage we showed them was only 45 seconds long which really isn't that long to provide any real anchorage especially with our idea that 'Technology is Bad' it is hard to portray that in such a short clip so we think that we will just have to work on getting more footage and then getting more feedback to see whether with more time the audience got a better understanding of what was going on.
We also showed our work in our Media lesson which is full of young talented minds ready to make their break in the music video world, so is good to get other media students to give their creative opinions on our work.
Feedback we got:
- Include more subliminal messages
- Perhaps get the character to get on the train, this would give us scope to go to new locations
- The fast pace editing was good gave an intense feel to the video
- Good use of effects, thought that the Black and White effect worked well.
- Expand locations to more urban areas such as Leeds and mainly Bradford.
How we plan to adapt to feedback:
- Start location scouting around Leeds and Bradford, we already have one location in mind in Leeds and two of us being born and bred in Bradford have good local knowledge and and a few locations in mind for places in Bradford.
- We need to think about good ways to include our illuminati symbolism
Feedback from our media teacher:
- The scene when Ben walks backwards should be changed because it gave a comedy feel, which wasn't all what we were wanting.
- Didn't think that Ben was right for the role.
How we are going to change:
- We are going to edit out the backwards walking scene to make sure we have the correct intentions for our video.
- We have started looking for different people to cast for our role instead of Ben.